Sale of MW Power to Metso cleared by regulatory authorities
Wärtsilä and Metso have received the relevant regulatory approvals from the European Commission for the transaction whereby Wärtsilä sells its share in MW Power to Metso. The transaction between Wärtsilä and Metso has now been closed.
According to the agreement published on May 31, 2012, Wärtsilä will sell its 40 per cent share in the joint venture MW Power Oy, to the other joint venture party Metso. Metso will thus acquire full ownership of MW Power. The value of the agreement is not disclosed.
Wärtsilä will follow its strategy and focus on engine-based power plant solutions. Wärtsilä is a major supplier of flexible power plants operating on various liquid and gaseous fuels. The Wärtsilä portfolio of power plants covers the capacity range from one to more than 500 MW.
Wärtsilä and Metso signed a contract in September 2008 to form the MW Power Oy joint venture, which combined Metso’s Heat & Power business and Wärtsilä’s Biopower business.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
- JENBACHER SPARE PARTS FOR SALE
- 155 MWe SIEMENS V94.2 Unused Gas turbine SIEMENS SGen5-100A Turbogenerator [x1] 2008Y 6300V 50HZ 3000RPM
- For Sale: Wartsila 18V32LN and Wartsila 12V32LN Power Plant Engines
- Wartsila VASA 18V32 & Mak 16M32
- Power plant 3 generators 350 KVA and one 200 KVA
- [ All Subjects ]