World’s Largest Diesel Series: MAN’s Record-Breaking 12S90ME-C
The MAN B&W 12S90ME-C Mark 9.2 type diesel engine set the world record in October of 2014 for the largest engine ever built. It’s not only physically the largest, but the diesel manufacturer’s low-speed two-stroke diesel engine is one of the most powerful, rated at 98,000 hp.
The MAN B&W 12S90ME-C Mark 9.2 uses electronically controlled hydraulic/mechanical actuators for the fuel injection and exhaust valves. It’s fuel pressure booster is a plunger powered by a hydraulic piston. An electronically controlled proportional valve sends pressurized oil to drive the hydraulic piston. Each cylinder, also, has its own hydraulically activated fuel oil pressure booster. Fuel injection is performed with a valve that is electronically controlled by the the Engine Control System (ECS).
Exhaust valves are opened by a two-stage valve actuator with oil from an electronically controlled proportional valve and closed with an “air spring.” With electronic control of the valves, the valve timing is infinitely adjustable. All ME-C engines, including the massive 12S90ME-C Mark 9.2 are dual fuel engines (CNG or diesel) using high-pressure injection.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
- 1994 Year of Build 5465 DWT GENERAL CARGO SHIP FOR SALE
- For Sale: M/T BO KWANG and M/T BO KWANG ACE -Bunkering Tanker, IMO-II, Coastal
- FOR SALE: PANAMAX BULK CARRIER - M/V 'ECOLA'
- Owners has resolved to sell their Oil & Chemical tanker (7,600 dwt, built 2012 at China)
- We can develop for sale below Gearless 3000 DWT Vessel MV STAS
- [ All Subjects ]
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
ORDERS FOR SHIPBUILDING & REPAIR
- Requisition for Anchor and anchor chain
- MARINETECH-ADAMS CRANKSHAFT PROVISION
- Marine engines overhaul and repair services
- MARINE LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT SURVEY - SUPPLY, SHIP CHANDLER, BUNKER , ELTC - MECHANICAL REPAIR & SHIP SPARE PARTS SUPPLIER.
- IHI crane repair services in Chittagong Port & Mongla Port, Bangladesh
- [ All Subjects ]