Incident Video: Ferry Slams Into Pier in Santo Domingo
Some major damage at the port of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic after a ferry struck a pier while mooring on Thursday.
Video shows the moment the ferry, named Kydon, slammed into the pier and several containers at the Don Diego terminal. Amazingly no injuries were reported.
According to reports, the ferry had just arrived in Santo Domingo and was already partially tied up with its forward loading ramp down when the incident occurred.
Another video posted online shows workers scrambling for safety as the vessel moved forward.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- Iron Roughneck ST-80 for sale
- Steering Gear Hydraulic Pump Mitsubishi Type: 3VFH2B-MK-RFBLA52D11 (Hydraulic Marine Trade (INDIA)
- Kawasaki Staffa Hydraulic Motor HMC 080 FM3 (C & CS Type) Hydraulic Marine Trade INDIA
- ULSTEIN BRATTVAAG ANCHOR WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR MC 22 SBR (Hydraulic Marine Trade)
- [ All Subjects ]