Drunk Captain Charged in New Zealand
The captain of a 40,000-tone logging ship has been charged with being under the influence of alcohol after an “exceptionally high” reading was taken by New Zealand police.
The police were alerted by the pilot assisting the Shansi at Port Northland on Friday Afternoon.
The 53-year-old English captain could face a 12-month prison term or a NZ$10,000 fine. He has been remanded on bail and is due to face court on Monday.
A spokesman for shipowner, China Navigation Company, said it adopted the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) and the Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) guidelines for the control of alcohol on board ship which strictly prohibit any seafarer from navigating or operating any ship's equipment while under the influence of alcohol.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- Hydraulic Motor For Winches A6VM 80 HD , A6VM 107 HD, A6VM 160 HD (Hydraulic Marine Trade) India
- BRUENINGHAUS HYDROMATIK A4VSO500 DP/22R-PPH13N00(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- HYDROMATIK A8V80 SR 1 R(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- REXROTH A4VG180EP4DMT1/31R-NZD03(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- REXROTH A4VG180EP2DM1/31R-PZD02(HF HYDRAULICS, INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]