Germany’s Vosta, Tebma Shipyards Sign Dredge-Building Contract
Vosta LMG BV, one of the world’s biggest dredging technology firms, has tied up with Chennai-based Tebma Shipyards Ltd to build dredges, or special ships that are used to deepen the channels of ports and harbours.
“Dredge-building contracts meant for the Indian market and also for exports to neighbouring countries will be constructed at Tebma Shipyards,” said Rajnish Arora, director at Vosta’s India unit.
Germany’s Vosta, which runs its dredging business from the Netherlands, on Monday also signed a cooperation agreement with Indian government-owned owned BEML Ltd for the supply of dredging technology.
“The dredges will be constructed at the facility of Tebma Shipyards with transfer of technology and design of Vosta LMG and equipment supplied by BEML,” said R. Dietze, president and chief executive officer of Vosta LMG.
Tebma Shipyards, in which India’s second biggest private shipbuilder Bharati Shipyard Ltd owns a 51% stake, has shipbuilding facilities at Malpe in Karnataka and Chengalpet in Tamil Nadu.
“Tebma was the right choice for a partner yard because it has the knowledge of constructing dredges,” Arora said.
Tebma confirmed the agreement with Vosta, but declined to give details.
By P. Manoj (LiveMint)
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W L58/64 , 48/60, 32/40, 27/28, 28/32H, 23/30H MAIN COMPONENTS
- WARTSILA 8L20 CRANKSHAFT
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE MAN B&W 7L27/38 & 6L27/38 COMPLETE ENGINES
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE WARTSILA 6L20 AND ALL OTHER TYPES & ALL MAIN COMPONENTS
- NIGATA 8PA5L ORIGINAL AND NEW SPARE FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
- TYPE- A4VG 125 EP2D NEW (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P14P NEW DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- TYPE-P24P DENSION (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - AA6VM -250 HYDROMATIC REXROTH (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA.)
- TYPE - A6VM -200 HD MACGREGOR (MARINE HYDRAULIC SOLUTIONS INDIA)
- [ All Subjects ]