What is WARTSILA 22 Diesel Engine ?
The Wärtsilä 22 diesel engine is a medium-speed, four-stroke marine diesel engine manufactured by Wärtsilä, a Finnish company known for producing reliable and efficient engines for various marine and power generation applications. The Wärtsilä 22 engine is part of the Wärtsilä 20 series, which is designed to provide a balance of fuel efficiency, low emissions, and high performance in a compact design.
Here are some general features and performance characteristics of the Wärtsilä 22 diesel engine:
- Cylinder configuration: Available in in-line configurations with 4, 6, or 8 cylinders
- Bore and stroke: The engine has a bore size of 220 mm and a stroke of 240 mm
- Power output: The power output of the Wärtsilä 22 engine can range from approximately 500 kW to 1,000 kW, depending on the number of cylinders and specific configuration
- Speed: The engine typically operates at a speed range of 900 to 1,000 rpm, although this may vary depending on the specific configuration and intended use
- Fuel efficiency: The Wärtsilä 22 engine is designed for fuel efficiency, with low specific fuel oil consumption (SFOC) values
- Emissions: The engine complies with IMO Tier II emission regulations, and with the addition of an exhaust after-treatment system, it can also comply with IMO Tier III regulations
The Wärtsilä 22 diesel engine is suitable for various marine applications, such as propulsion systems for ships and power generation for onboard electrical systems. Its compact design, reliability, and fuel efficiency make it a popular choice for a wide range of vessels, including offshore support vessels, tugs, ferries, and cargo ships.