The Cummins KTA-38 is a diesel engine designed and manufactured by Cummins, a leading global provider of diesel engines and power generation equipment for various industries, including marine, industrial, and power generation applications.
The KTA-38 is a large, heavy-duty, turbocharged and aftercooled engine, part of Cummins' well-known K Series. It features 12 or 16 cylinders, arranged in a V configuration, and is widely used for demanding applications due to its durability, reliability, and high power output.
Here are some general specifications and features of the Cummins KTA-38 diesel engine:
- Engine Type: 4-stroke, V12 or V16, turbocharged and aftercooled
- Displacement: 38 liters (12-cylinder) or 50.3 liters (16-cylinder)
- Power Output: The power output can range from 850 to 1500 horsepower (hp), depending on the specific model and application. Some models can produce even more power.
- Fuel System: Cummins' PT fuel system, known for its precise fuel delivery and efficient combustion
- Cooling System: Water-cooled system designed for optimal heat management and engine performance
- Exhaust System: Dry exhaust manifold for reduced heat radiation and improved turbocharger efficiency
The Cummins KTA-38 engine is suitable for various applications, including marine propulsion, power generation, oil and gas, mining, and other heavy-duty industrial uses. For more information on the Cummins KTA-38 diesel engine, you can contact Cummins or visit their website to obtain product specifications, documentation, and support.