Fednav Orders Six New Vessels from Japan
Fednav Limited, the largest international maritime bulk carrier in Canada, today announced the addition of six new vessels to its fleet. In partnership with Sumitomo Corporation and Oshima Shipyard, the environmentally advanced vessels will be built in Japan and are destined to become the flagships of Fednav’s fleet of over 80 ships.
Located near Nagasaki, Japan, Oshima Shipyard will build the 35,000-ton bulk carriers, which are specially equipped for navigating in ice. As highly flexible vessels well suited to international trade, their size is adapted to the dimensions of the St. Lawrence Seaway.
The new vessels represent a major step forward in terms of environmental improvements. With their advanced design and more efficient engines, they will consume 20% less fuel and produce 20% less emissions than vessels built by Oshima Shipyard for Fednav 10 years ago, ships already among the most efficient of their time. This will contribute significantly to Fednav’s objectives of reducing GHG emissions in its fleet on a continuous basis. The fuel-efficient engines will also reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by approximately 20%. All of the vessels will receive the CLEAN-DESIGN notation from the DNV classification society. “The environment is one of our top priorities when we consider the design of a new vessel,” explained Paul Pathy, Fednav President and Co-CEO, upon signing of the contract. “It is very important to us and also to our customers that our vessels not only respect but exceed environmental regulations in Canada and worldwide.”
The six additional vessels will be delivered between 2015 and 2016, as part of a series of 21 new ships added to Fednav’s fleet since January 1, 2012. Fednav has the largest fleet of ice-class vessels in the world—vessels capable of navigating demanding winter conditions along the St. Lawrence Seaway, in the Baltic Sea, and even in the Arctic.
ENGINES & SPARES FOR SALE
ENGINES & SPARES WANTED
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS FOR SALE
POWER PLANTS & EQUIPMENTS WANTED
SHIPS FOR SALE
- Floating Dock build 2009 KOREA size 15,000TLC FOR SALE
- LANDING CRAFT TANK LOA 37.5 // NEW BUILD FOR SALE
- // Update // MV Nam Cuong 8888 (3.6 dwt / 2012 blt Vietnam) + Viet Phong (6.8 dwt / 90 blt Japan) - Inspectable Vietnam
- 3200PS HARBOUR TUG FOR SALE (SDM-TB-118)
- 1,500 DWT GENERAL CARGO SHIP (M/V KAIFUKU MARU NO. 2) FOR SALE
- [ All Subjects ]
OPEN CARGOES & T/C LIST
OTHER SHIP BUSINESS
ORDERS FOR SHIPBUILDING & REPAIR
- Requisition for Anchor and anchor chain
- MARINETECH-ADAMS CRANKSHAFT PROVISION
- Marine engines overhaul and repair services
- MARINE LIFE SAVING EQUIPMENT SURVEY - SUPPLY, SHIP CHANDLER, BUNKER , ELTC - MECHANICAL REPAIR & SHIP SPARE PARTS SUPPLIER.
- IHI crane repair services in Chittagong Port & Mongla Port, Bangladesh
- [ All Subjects ]